NFL Picks, Divisional Round
Last week it was a tale of two picks for Lindsay and I. I went 4-0, nailing all four games, while she went 0-4. The Divisional Round always produces at least one upset, the trick is knowing which game it will be. Let's see if I can take another big step to 11-0 in the Post Season. Lindsay's picks are in brackets.
Divisional Round Games:
* Patriots Over Ravens (Patriots)
This one is tricky. Baltimore looked great in beating the Steelers last week, and now they're a trendy upset pick. Given that, over the last 18 games, No. 1 seeds in the NFL playoffs are just 9-9, that seems even better. I was tempted to pick the Ravens, but I can't. I don't think you can say last week's game was definitive proof they've turned a corner. The Ravens split the regular season series with the Steelers, and the Steelers played without their best player and MVP, Le'Veon Bell. That's why I picked the Ravens for an upset. I don't think that's proof they're poised to make a run. They could win this game, but I think the Patriots were the No. 1 seed in the AFC for a reason.
* Seahawks Over Panthers (Seahawks)
A lot of the same logic applies here. The Seahawks and Panthers have played a lot of close games the past few years, including earlier this fall. That being said, I think the Seahawks have hit another gear, and they are a much better team at home. The Panthers had a nice December run, and they took advantage of a weakened opponent last week. That simply doesn't mean they're going to win tonight.
* Cowboys over Packers (Cowboys)
Here is my upset for the weekend. The Cowboys were a masterful road team, going 8-0 and even winning in Seattle. The Packers have been up and down this season, and I think the Aaron Rogers injury will loom large. Plus, this Cowboys team feels different. I think they pull off the win in Green Bay to advance.
* Broncos over Colts (Broncos)
This game scares me the most. Of the four games this weekend, it seems no one is making an upset case for the Colts. Those are the ones you have to worry about. Plus, as a Denver fan, I wasn't thrilled with how this team played down the stretch. That being said, I think the Broncos are better than the Colts, and I think they'll advance for a re-match with New England.
Last Week: 4-0
Lindsay: 0-4
Season: 138-122
Lindsay: 128-132

Comments
Post a Comment