Fall TV Preview, Returning Shows


Fall TV Premiers are almost upon us, and that means it's time to start setting our calendar. Earlier this week I looked a lot at new shows — ones to avoid and ones to look forward to. Today, I want to highlight five returning shows I'm excited about. Again, they are listed in order of premier date.


1. The Good Place, Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. on NBC (Premiers Wednesday, September 20 at 10 p.m.)
About: This was one of my favorite new shows of 2016. It had great comedic timing and a great cast, led by Ted Danson and Kristen Bell. But the best part was the way the show was daring enough to flip the script in the finale, leaving it wide open to a new reality in season two. We've waited a long time for the season to return, but it's one of the first to debut this fall, and I can't wait.

2. Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sundays at 10 p.m. on HBO (Premieres on Sunday, October 1)
About: It's hard to believe that "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is actually coming back. It's been six years since the show's eighth season aired in 2011. Larry David, star and creator, always said he was coming back at some point, and that some point is now. This show isn't for everyone, but it's certainly going to be a high point of the fall.

3. Scandal, Thursdays at 9 p.m. on ABC (Premiers on Thursday, October 5)
About: "Scandal" once looked like a potential savior for ABC. But the show got lost in the weeds a bit the past few seasons. Still, it ended in an interesting place in May and now returns for a big final season. I'm curious to see where this one will end up.

4. Good Behavior, Sundays at 10 p.m. on TNT (Premiers on Sunday, October 15)
About: This is another show that is probably a bit of an acquired taste. It stars Michelle Dockery as a con artist to takes up with, and finds true love with, an assassin. This was one of the more surprising shows for me last year, and I'm curious to see where it goes in its second season.

5. Stranger Things, Streaming on Netflix (Premiers on Friday, October 27)
About: "Stranger Things" was the best show I discovered last summer. It was fun and interesting and had an incredibly gripping story. Now it, too, joins the list of shows that I can't wait to see where the second season goes. If you haven't caught this one, I suggest you binge season one right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16