Fall TV Preview


Fall TV is here. Beginning next week, I'll have Fall TV Roundups to begin reviewing new pilots. But this week, I wanted to pitch the five network shows I'm most excited to give a try. This doesn't mean they're hits (I haven't seen the full episodes), but it means I like the premise, cast, and what I've seen. We'll see how I actually feel during weekly reviews!

They will appear in order of premier date!

1. The Orville, Thursdays at 9 p.m. on FOX (Premiers Sunday, September 10 at 8 p.m.)
About: This is basically a send up of "Star Trek" from Seth Macfarlane. I have enjoyed Macfarlane's comedy stylings and I like this premise. I feel like this could be the hit of Fall, but we'll have to wait and see.

2. Star Trek: Discovery, CBS All Access (Premiers Sunday, September 24 on CBS)
About: This will be an online streaming series for CBS, but it gets a full network premier in late September. When done well, "Star Trek" series are incredible. I loved the trailer for this, and I think it has an interesting premise.

3. Young Sheldon, Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. on CBS (Premiered Monday, September 27 at 8:30 p.m.)
About: This one is a surprise for me. I'm not a "Big Bang Theory" fan, so this wouldn't seem to be aimed at me. But I've seen the trailers, and I'm intrigued. And there's not a lot of great new comedies out there, so this might be one I enjoy.

4. The Mayor, Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on ABC (Premiered on Tuesday, October 3)
About: This has the most interesting premise of all the comedy trailers I've seen. It's about an up-and-coming rapper who enters the mayoral race in his town to raise his public profile, and raise some serious issues. Then a funny thing happens... he wins the job. There is a lot of potential here, and I like the cast.

5. S.W.A.T., Thursdays at 10 p.m. on CBS (Premiers November 2)
About: I like the concept here, one that mixes a classic property with some modern issues. Shemar Moore was great on "Criminal Minds," and I'm excited to see what he does here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16