2019 Broncos' Season, Tight Ends


The NFL Draft is over, and free agency has slowed to a trickle. As we look toward Training Camp and a new season, I'll be looking at the position groups as they stand. Today, it's time to consider the tight ends.

Tight Ends
On the Roster
: Noah Fant, Jake Butt, Troy Fumagalli, Jeff Heuerman, Bug Howard, and Austin Fort

Roster Group: This is a loaded group for the Broncos, who have spent draft picks on tight ends for a number of years. This has led to what could be a tough decision this off-season. There are six players on the roster at this position, but it really comes down to the Top 4, of which I think the Broncos may only keep three. With Jake Butt suffering another ACL Tear, it made sense that the Broncos brought back Heuerman on a cap-friendly deal. Then the team drafted Fant in the first round, which changed the dynamics of the position. Butt is supposed to be fully healthy and ready to go. And Fumagalli, a pick in last year's draft that didn't play at all for the Broncos in 2018, has been the best TE this summer so far. And that's good news for the Broncos' new quarterback, Joe Flacco, who likes to use tight ends. Now the Broncos could go from big questions to too many players to make the roster at this position. It's an exciting time for the Broncos as we head into the 2019 season.

Roster Projections: I think the Broncos have enough needs that they'll keep three in this position group. So, barring injury, I think there could be a tough cut in this group. I want to believe in Fumagalli, but I think we've got to see it in the full camp and pre-season. For now, going with Fant, Butt, Heuerman to make the final roster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16

Now Playing