Top 5 Spielberg

 


This week's big release is a re-make of West Side Story from the great director Steven Spielberg. In honor of the release, I decided to look back at my Top 5 Spielberg-directed films.

5. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
About:
The first Indiana Jones film, this one is a lot of fun. The blend of humor and drama works well and it kicked off a successful franchise.

4. Schindler's List (1993)
About:
This is a difficult and powerful film that tells a holocaust tale. Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley and Ralph Fiennes are good in the roles and this is a powerful film, albeit not one you want to re-watch frequently.

3. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
About:
Spielberg has made some of the finest World War II content with Schindler's List, Band of Brothers and this film, which is one of his best. I remember the first time I saw it and how it impacted me. Tom Hanks is great in it, but this is about telling a powerful story well. 

2. Jaws (1975)
About
: One of my favorite films of all time and one of Spielberg's first big hits. This one is masterfully told and a tale I revisit each year.

1. Jurassic Park (1993)
About:
I was 12 years old when I first saw this film in theaters. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen. I've heard older folks talk about the experience of seeing Star Wars on the big screen, and that's how I felt and feel about Jurassic Park. Each time I watch it, which is often, I still feel that sense of wonder and awe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16