Best of the Small Screen: Network Sitcoms, No. 7
Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!
George Costanza: It became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I've made in my entire life has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat - it's all been wrong.
Seinfeld (1989-1998)
Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards
Favorite Episodes: "The Chinese Restaurant," Episode 2.11, "The Parking Garage," Episode 3.06, "The Limo," Episode 3.18, "The Contest," Episode 4.11, "The Hamptons," Episode 5.21, "The Opposite," Episode 5.22, "The Switch," Episode 6.11, "The Soup Nazi," Episode 7.06, "The Invitations," Episode 7.22, "The Yada Yada," Episode 8.19
About: As we make our way through comedies, we come to one that was a staple of my Thursday nights in middle and high school. Seinfeld was one of the weirdest and funniest shows I ever got hooked on as a teen and young adult. I remember being excited to plop down and catch the newest episode on Thursday nights at 9 p.m. It was also always exciting to see what train wreck of a comedy NBC would offer as the bridge between Seinfeld and ER. Seinfeld quickly became one of my favorites, and even though it's been more than 20 years since it was on, I can still remember the feeling I had watching many of these episodes for the first time. I enjoyed the humor and the characters, while this "show about nothing" had me hooked on a weekly basis. Like many, I wasn't taken with the finale. It can be hard to end a show, but that felt like a miss. Thankfully the seventh season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which was created by Jerry Seinfeld's real-life partner, Larry David, offers us the closure we'd want as fans. If you haven't seen it, I recommend going and checking it out! Seinfeld didn't appeal to everyone but it was an incredible achievement and a show I greatly enjoyed. It was an easy decision to include it on this list of my favorite Network Sitcoms.
Comments
Post a Comment