Favorite Films of All Time: No. 47
In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!
Bruce Banner: [on Loki] I was just talking to him just a couple minutes ago and he was totally ready to kill any of us.
Valkyrie: He did try to kill me.
Thor: Yes, me too. On many, many occasions. There was one time when we were children, he transformed himself into a snake, and he knows that I love snakes. So, I went to pick up the snake to admire it and he transformed back into himself and he was like, "Blergh, it's me!". And he stabbed me. We were eight at the time.
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, and Cate Blanchett
Director: Taika Waititi
About: I am a huge Marvel fan. I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the way the stories build. But it's fair to say some of the films are better than others. While I've long enjoyed Hemsworth as Thor, the stand alone films weren't incredible. At least not the first two. When Ragnarok, his third solo outing, made its debut, I was in Houston for a conference. One night, I went to see the film with a friend from work. I was hoping it would be good, but I wasn't prepared for how much I would love it. The writing, the humor and the way Hemsworth was allowed to cut loose were all different in this film. I think that's a credit to Waititi, who also voiced the character of Korg in the film. I loved the banter between Hemsworth and Thompson, it was a great part for Ruffalo and it is probably my favorite Loki performance of any of the MCU films. I loved the humor, the action and the story. There are a few superhero films on this list, including three from the MCU. This is the first. Thor: Ragnarok remains a Top 3 MCU film for me because of the blend of humor and action in telling the story. I loved the pop up from Benedict Cumberbatch and the work done by Blanchett as well. This is a fun film and one that's really well done. Since that first time I saw it the film has been among my favorites from the MCU and is also one of my favorite films, period. That made it an easy call to include it on this list.
Comments
Post a Comment