Best of the Small Screen, Streaming Series No. 5

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Jonathan: "Nobody Normal Ever Accomplished Anything Meaningful In This World."

Stranger Things (2016-)
Starring:
Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Gaten Matarazo, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalie Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Joe Keery, Noah Schnapp, Sadie Sink, and Maya Hawke
Favorite Episodes: "Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers," Episode 1.01; "Episode Three: Holly Jolly," Episode 1.03; "Chapter Seven: The Bathtub," Episode 1.07; "Chapter Eight: The Upside Down," Episode 1.08; "Chapter Six: The Spy," Episode 2.06; "Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer," Episode 2.08; "Chapter Nine: The Gate," Episode 2.09; "Chapter Four: The Sauna Test," Episode 3.04; "Chapter Eight: The Battle of Starcourt," Episode 3.08; "Chapter Four: Dear Billy," Episode 4.04; "Chapter Seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab," Episode 4.07
About: And here we get to one of the most talked about and most popular streaming series. Stranger Things has been a revelation for Netflix, one that's helped to define the streaming service's brand. But I remember when it started as a little nostalgic release in the summer of 2016. I binged the entire first season, eight episodes, in one day. In fact, it was pretty much in one sitting. From then, I was hooked. I've enjoyed the ride so far, including this fourth season that was just released. I'm excited to see how the series concludes with its fifth and final season next year, too. Brown is great in her lead role, and I've enjoyed the rapport between Harbour and Ryder. I like the storytelling and the 1980s setting. The acting has been strong and the stories are endearing and emotional, which is all you could ask for. It was an easy choice to include this among my favorite streaming series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 23

2026 Broncos' Season, Week 5

1991 Rewind: City Slickers