Favorite Films of All Time, No. 25

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Groot: I am Groot.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Starring:
Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, and Michael Rooker
Director: James Gunn
About: Finally, we come to my favorite Marvel film. The Marvel Cinematic Universe now spans more than 25 films over nearly 15 years. That's a lot of films and a lot of stories. Since I first saw Guardians, it has stood out as my favorite. I love the story and the characters, the way Gunn infuses the story with humor and pathos. The action sequences work and the story is a lot of fun. I loved Pratt as Star Lord, but it's really the whole cast in this story and the way the narrative comes together. Marvel has a certain style and the MCU weaves a great collective of these stories together. Guardians is one that starts out on the fringes of that world, introducing a rag-tag group of heroes. It felt fresh and different at the time and still delights and entertains me to this day. It remains my favorite of the MCU films and one of my favorites of all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 23

2026 Broncos' Season, Week 5

1991 Rewind: City Slickers