2022 NFL Season: AFC South Preview

 


The NFL Season is almost upon us, and in the run up to the event I'll be previewing each division. I'm going from worst to best. While there's plenty of competition for the best division, picking the division I think will be the worst was pretty easy. So, we're starting with the AFC South.

The AFC is loaded but there is one division that doesn't inspire that kind of confidence. While the Colts have prospects and the Titans were the No. 1 seed in the AFC in 2021, this division isn't shaping up as strong in 2022. Below is my take on the teams and my projection of their 2022 record.

Indianapolis Colts
2022 Prediction
: 10-7
About: The Colts haven't been able to solve the quarterback riddle since Andrew Luck retired. They tried Jacoby Brissett, Philip Rivers and Carson Wentz, but none lasted more than a season. This off-season, the Colts shipped Wentz to Washington and brought in Matt Ryan from the Falcons. I think that should help. The Colts have a good enough roster to win the division, and I think this year they will.

Tennessee Titans
2022 Prediction
: 8-9
About: The Titans were the top team in the AFC last season. This season, I think the cracks are showing. The defense hasn't been top notch and I have questions about the offense, which is starting over at receiver. Ryan Tannehill will have more pressure, too, especially with youngster Malik Willis behind him. I think the Titans will scuffle more and slip to just below .500.

Jacksonville Jaguars
2022 Prediction
: 6-11
About: The Jaguars were a disaster in 2021, finishing with the worst record in the NFL for the second year in a row. Doug Pederson is in, and hopefully he and some new weapons will be a boon to No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence, who struggled as a rookie. I think the Jaguars will still struggle but will be slightly better. Six wins somehow feels like a step forward.

Houston Texans
2022 Prediction
: 5-12
About: The Texans are still re-building. It will take time. I like some of the pieces on offense and defense, including young quarterback Davis Mills. The best hope for 2022 is probably that the Texans are a fun out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16