Favorite Films of All Time, No. 20
In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!
Theodore Faron: I can't really remember when I last had any hope, and I certainly can't remember when anyone else did either. Because really, since women stopped being able to have babies, what's left to hope for?
Children of Men (2006)
Starring: Clive Owen, Julianne Moore, Michael Caine, Clare-Hope Ashitey, and Chiwetel Ejiofor
Director: Alfonso Cuaron
About: A world where there are no babies. A world fractured. A world without hope. I remember the first time I saw Children of Men. I was blown away by the vision and production from Cuaron. I was also moved by the story. In a world where hope is fading, a man who is lost and feels purposeless is given both hope and purpose by being witness and guardian to a miracle: a pregnant woman. There is a lot about the story that I enjoy. There is also a lot about the direction and production that I enjoy. But, mostly, I love the story and the way it challenges me. It is a beautiful production, one that touches on themes of hope and faith. I love the performances, especially the work of Owen. I thought it was a film that was largely overlooked when it was released, and it continues to be a fascinating and engrossing film that not enough people talk about. That's a big part of why it's on this list.

Comments
Post a Comment