Best of the Small Screen, Favorite Series of All Time, No. 3
Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!
Leo McGarry: This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.
The West Wing (1999-2006)
Starring: Martin Sheen, John Spencer, Bradley Whitford, Allison Janney, Richard Schiff, Janel Maloney, Dule Hill, and Elisabeth Moss
Original Position: Network Drama, No. 1
About: We enter the Top 3 for me, and we come back to The West Wing. This drama presents an idealized vision for what government could and should be. It is also a beautifully written drama full of engaging characters and storylines. It was a rich viewing experience, one that I looked forward to each week. During the pandemic I re-watched it with Lindsay, and that excitement and emotion returned once again. It's a series that holds up because it's not about the politics of the day, it's about people. It's easily one of the best shows I've ever seen and one of my favorite.

Comments
Post a Comment