Way Too Early Playoff Predictions

 


We're into July and we're coasting toward the start of training camp and then the NFL Season. That means it's time to start making predictions. So, to kick off the month, I'm looking at my way too early playoff predictions. I'll have my final predictions close to the season, so we'll see how things change moving forward. For now, this is what I'm feeling.

As a note, I used the playoff predictor site to play out every regular season game, getting the following results.

NFC Slate:
1. San Francisco 49ers, NFC West Winners
2. Philadelphia Eagles, NFC East Winners
3. Detroit Lions, NFC North Winners
4. Atlanta Falcons, NFC South Winners
5. Dallas Cowboys, NFC Wild Card
6. New Orleans Saints, NFC Wild Card
7. New York Giants, NFC Wild Card

About: I think the 49ers and the Eagles are the class of the NFC, while the Cowboys should be contenders. The rest is more wide open. The Lions, Bears and Vikings should battle in the North, but I think the Lions take the leap this year. The Giants should be hovering around nine wins again and then the NFC South figures to be similar to last year. I have the Falcons with Ridder and the Saints with Carr making it to nine wins and in the field.

AFC Slate:
1. Cincinnati Bengals, AFC North Winners
2. Kansas City Chiefs, AFC West Winners
3. Miami Dolphins, AFC East Winners
4. Jacksonville Jaguars, AFC South Winners
5. Los Angeles Chargers, AFC Wild Card
6. Buffalo Bills, AFC Wild Card
7. Denver Broncos, AFC Wild Card

About: The Bengals and the Chiefs have been strong the past few seasons and developed quite a rivalry. I think they stay atop the AFC, but this figures to be a more competitive conference. In the East, I think the Dolphins and Bills battle it out to the end. I like the Jaguars in the South, while the AFC West could produce three playoff teams. There were some tough cuts here, as I have the Ravens, Browns and Jets on the outside looking in for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 23

2026 Broncos' Season, Week 5

1991 Rewind: City Slickers