Films of the 1970s, No. 4


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Ben Bradlee: Now hold it, hold it. We're about to accuse Haldeman, who only happens to be the second most important man in this country, of conducting a criminal conspiracy from inside the White House. It would be nice if we were right.

All the President's Men (1974)
Starring
: Robert Redford, Dustin Hoffman, Jason Robards, and Hal Holbrook
Director: Alan J. Pakula
About: As we come to the end of this countdown, we're not only getting films that were great and impactful, but we're diving into my personal preference more. I went to school for journalism. I worked as a journalist. And if you've followed this space for some time, you know that I've long been drawn to films about journalism. That's the case with this week's entry, All the President's Men. This film captured the work done by Woodward and Bernstein to uncover the Watergate scandal. It's both an important film historically and a riveting piece of entertainment. I love the performances from Redford and Hoffman, and I enjoyed Robards as Ben Bradlee. Pakula had quite a decade with three of his films making this list. This is my favorite, and one of my favorite journalism films of all time. It's well worth seeking out and one of the iconic films of the decade, landing it on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16

Now Playing