Favorite Westerns, Introduction
Welcome to 2024. It seems weird to even write that, and yet a new year is here. And that means a new countdown to take us through the year. For 2024, I'll again be doing countdowns of 50 favorites on Fridays and Saturdays. On Fridays, it will be my Top 50 Westerns.
Westerns are one of the classic styles of American film, and one of our oldest genres. In fact, many of the films that are classics in the genre come from more than 50 years ago, including a few that will make this list.
This past year I spent time diving through a lot of Westerns. It was a fun exploration and I've sent time crafting my list. Each Friday I'll be revealing another film on the countdown, moving from No. 50 to No. 1 throughout 2024.
The list includes both films and limited series, which I felt counted and make the cut. The list runs through 2023 and will likely include more than a few surprises for some. I hope you'll join me each Friday as I run through my favorite Westerns.

Comments
Post a Comment