Favorite Westerns, No. 47

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1.

Lucky Day: In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!

Three Amigos! (1986)
Starring:
Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short, and Tony Plana
Director: John Landis
About: There are different kind of western films. This list is curated from films that speak to me, and by now you're probably sensing that while I appreciate a traditional western, I like different entries to the art form. That's certainly the case here, with what is most decidedly a comedy. It's a western in its story and set up. But when you have Martin, Chase and Short paired together, you know you're going to get something fun and funny. I enjoy the story here, but I really enjoy the comedy. Martin, Short and Chase work well off each other and create something that is memorable and a delight. It's a quick and light film, but it's one that makes me laugh. That is in large part why it ended up on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 23

2026 Broncos' Season, Week 5

1991 Rewind: City Slickers