2009 Rewind: Watchmen
This year films from 2009 are celebrating a 15th Anniversary. I will be looking at five films from 2009 that I've enjoyed as part of an anniversary celebration. Today, I'm looking at Watchmen.
Edward Blake: Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
Watchmen
Starring: Patrick Wilson, Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Jackie Earle Haley
Director: Zack Snyder
About: As an artistic property, Watchmen has long been revered. It's on Time's list of the greatest American novels. It's a powerful and often dark story. It transcends the medium of comic book. Snyder's 2009 film is a faithful adaptation. When it comes to Snyder and comics, we often think first of the Snyderverse, his take on the D.C. Extended Universe. But this was his first foray with D.C., and I think it's one of his best films. The style of the adaptation worked well for me. So well, in fact, that I saw it four times in theaters. I've seen it many times since and I'm still moved by the story and the production. Some didn't care for Snyder's ultra faithful adaptation, but I loved it.

Comments
Post a Comment