Favorite Westerns, No. 38


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Captain Kidd: See all those words printed in a line one after the other? Put 'em all together and you have a story.

News of the World (2020)
Starring:
Tom Hanks and Helena Zengel
Director: Paul Greengrass
About: Here we have a more modern film, and one that some might not think of right away. This film stars Hanks as a Civil War veteran who makes a living traveling from place-to-place to share the news of the world with them. He reads from the papers and helps connect them to the larger story of the country. Along the way, he encounters a young girl who doesn't speak the language. Yet, he decides to risk himself to get her back with her people. It touches on a lot of familiar tropes and themes in the genre. Greengrass does a nice job of framing the story and action, while Hanks works well in the lead role. I enjoyed the film when it was released and I think it makes a nice addition to the Western genre. Some nice action sequences in this one, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16

Now Playing