1999 Rewind: Office Space

 


Films released in 1999 will turn 25 this year. Over the next few months, I'll be looking at some of the memorable films from that year, including some of my favorites. Today, I'm continuing with another blockbuster that changed films.

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.

Office Space
Starring
: Ron Livingston, Jennifer Anniston, Gary Cole, Stephen Root, Diedrich Bader, David Herman, and Ajay Naidu
Director: Mike Judge
About: Have you ever struggled with your job? If you have, you can likely identify with Office Space. Even if you're just a fan of a good comedy, you can probably identify with Office Space. Judge gave us a lot of interesting comedies, including the animated series Beavis & Butthead and King of the Hill. But here is a live-action film that continues that vibe in a dysfunctional, modern office. Cole is great as the clueless boss, while Herman and Naidu are fun as the main supporting co-workers. But for me, this is really about Peter, played by Livingston. I love him as an actor, but this is my favorite of his performances. I also like Aniston and Bader in interesting supporting roles. But one of the secret MVPs is Root, who is classic as Milton. There are so many quotable lines here and this film is just so fun. It's one of my favorite comedies ever, and a real gem from 1999.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43