Favorite Animated Films, No. 27

 


Animated Films have come a long way over the years. It's a genre and format that presents a wide range of styles and stories. This year, I'll be taking a look at my 50 favorite Animated Films, offering a new one from No. 50 to No. 1 each Saturday in 2024. Join along and feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments!

Raya: The world is broken, you can't trust anyone.
Sisu: Maybe it's broken, because you don't trust anyone, you just have to take the first step.

Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)
Starring
: Kelly Marie Tran, Awkwafina, Gemma Chan, Benedict Wong, and Daniel Dae Kim
Director: Don Hall, Paul Briggs, and Carlos Lopez Estrada
About: I remember when I first saw this film, which released on Disney+ during the middle of the pandemic. It was beautiful and moving, a film I wish I'd seen on the big screen. When I watch it today, I feel the same way. Tran is wonderful as the lead voice, while Awkwafina is great as the dragon Sisu. The humor here works, but it's the story and the moral of the stories that really stick with you. I enjoy the look and feel, but the way they all come together at the end is quite stirring. This is a film that deserved a better roll out and one I still really enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43