Favorite Westerns, No. 27

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Agent Sands: El, you really must try this because it's puerco pibil. It's a slow-roasted pork, nothing fancy. It just happens to be my favorite, and I order it with a tequila and lime in every dive I go to in this country. And honestly, that is the best it's ever been anywhere. In fact, it's too good. It's so good that when I'm finished, I'll pay my check, walk straight into the kitchen and shoot the cook. Because that's what I do. I restore the balance to this country. And that is what I would like from you right now. Help keep the balance by pulling the trigger.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003)
Starring
: Antonio Banderas, Selma Hayek, Johnny Depp, Willem Dafoe, and Eva Mendes
Director: Robert Rodriguez
About: This is the third and final film in the El Mariachi series from Rodriguez, and the second with Banderas in the lead role. It's not my most favorite, that comes later. But I really enjoy the writing and the style here. We get a focus on Depp as a slimy CIA agent. He has a wild third act that is nothing short of memorable, especially in its visuals. Hayek has a limited role here, which is a shame, but I enjoyed Dafoe as the primary villain and Micky Rourke in his role. Banderas is quite good in this role and the action sequences really work well. I like the setting near Day of the Dead and the imagery that Rodriguez uses. These movies are a lot of fun with some good action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43