Favorite Westerns, No. 28


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Maverick: Lord... whatever I've done to piss you off... if you could just get me out of this and somehow let me know what it was I promise to rectify the situation.

Maverick (1994)
Starring
: Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, and James Garner
Director: Richard Donner
About: This is a fun movie. It was also a big screen event when it was released with a great top line cast. It is based on an old Wester series from the late 1950s that featured Garner in the titular role. That is, in part, what made it great to have him part of the cast here. In the new movie, Gibson takes the lead as Maverick, a gambler and con man who is just trying to get ahead. Garner plays a marshal, while Foster is the main love interest. It's a fun film from Donner, who had directed a number of classic action movies. The performances are great and it was a creative way to bring this material to life for a new generation. I really enjoyed Gibson in this role.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43