Favorite Westerns, No. 23


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

El Mariachi: You know, it's easier to pull the trigger than play guitar. Easier to destroy than to create.

Desperado (1995)
Starring:
Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, and Joaquin de Almeida
Director: Robert Rodriguez
About: This is the second film in the El Mariachi film series. It's the first with Banderas in the lead role, and it's my favorite. The third and final film in the series was on this list, too, but I like this better for a couple reasons. I think the action sequences are fun here. I like the snappy dialogue and the story a bit more. But, mostly, it's the back-and-forth between Banderas and Hayek, who is largely absent from the final film. I like their relationship and story in this film. It's a fun ride that's well crafted by Rodriguez. It's not a traditional Western, perhaps, but it's a lot of fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43