Favorite Westerns, No. 24


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Gus McCrae: Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.

Lonesome Dove (1989)
Starring
: Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Urich, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Anjelica Huston, Ricky Schroeder, Chris Cooper, and D.B. Sweeney
Director: Simon Wincer
About: As I've mentioned, this list includes films but also mini-series. There's been few Western mini-series as famous, as appreciated, and as memorable as Lonesome Dove. The series played out over four mini-films in 1989. It's based on the novel from Larry McMurtry and features a fantastic cast. It's a moving story full of some great performances. I particularly enjoy Duvall and Jones in their lead roles and their back-and-forth. It felt like no list of Westerns could be complete without a Lonesome Dove.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43