1999 Rewind: Varsity Blues


Films released in 1999 will turn 25 this year. Over the next few months, I'll be looking at some of the memorable films from that year, including some of my favorites. Today, I'm continuing with another blockbuster that changed films.

Mox: Now, we go out there and we half-ass it because we're scared, all we're left with is an excuse. We're always gonna wonder. But, we go out there and we give it absolutely everything... that's heroic. Let's be heroes!

Varsity Blues
Starring
: James Van Der Beek, Jon Voight, Paul Walker, Scott Caan, Ron Lester, Amy Smart, and Ali Larter
Director: Brian Robbins
About: Here we come to the end of my look at films from 1999, ideally timed to be near the start of the NFL season. Seeing this film brings up a lot of memories. I was just out of High School when this film debuted. I was also a big Dawson's Creek fan. I enjoyed seeing Van Der Beek and I liked the soundtrack. There's a lot of over-the-top elements to this film. But there are some decent football scenes. It's also fun to see Walker and Lester on the screen. I wouldn't say this was an incredible film, but it was certainly a memorable film. This is one that sticks with you and that's why it made my list of films from 1999.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43