Favorite Animated Films, No. 19

 


Animated Films have come a long way over the years. It's a genre and format that presents a wide range of styles and stories. This year, I'll be taking a look at my 50 favorite Animated Films, offering a new one from No. 50 to No. 1 each Saturday in 2024. Join along and feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments!

Poppy: Hey, I know it's not all cupcakes and rainbows, but I'd rather go through life thinking that it mostly is instead of being like you. You don't sing. You don't dance. So gray all the time. What happened to you?

Trolls (2016)
Starring
: Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Zooey Deschanel, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jeffrey Tambor
Director: Mike Mitchell and Walt Dohrn
About: We've seen three films in this franchise, and there was already one of the sequels earlier on this list. But now we arrive at the Trolls film that started it all. I remember the lead up to this film and trying to figure out how it would work. I remembered the toys, and they were fun for what they were, but I wasn't sure about a feature film. Still, I loved Kendrick so I gave it a try. What we got was a blast. The music rocks, but the comedy between Kendrick and Timberlake is good here, too. I enjoy all the voice cast and the arc of the story, which is a lot of fun. This movie rocks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43