Favorite Westerns, No. 17


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Sam Chisolm: What we lost in the fire, we found in the ashes.

The Magnificent Seven (2016)
Starring
: Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Peter Sarsgaard
Director: Antoine Fuqua
About: This story has been told a few times and this probably isn't the most famous version, nor the most popular for some. And yet, it was a production I really enjoyed. Here Fuqua takes the lead as director and assembles a good cast to deliver a unique take on this material. I really enjoyed the cast and the performances. Washington is exceptional in the lead role, while Pratt, Hawke, and D'Onofrio do a nice job in their supporting roles. Sarsgaard makes for a decent villain, too. The action here is one of my favorite things. There's a great style and craft, especially in the big set pieces. Fuqua has made some fun films, especially with Washington, but this is one of my favorite of their pairings. It's a great addition to the Western film landscape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43