Favorite Westerns, No. 18


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Hedley Lamarr: Men, you are about to embark on a great crusade to stamp out runaway decency in the west. Now you men will only be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost certain Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

Blazing Saddles (1974)
Starring
: Gene Wilder, Cleavon Little, Slim Pickens, Harvey Corman, and Mel Brooks
Director: Mel Brooks
About: We've seen a lot of different kinds of westerns on this list. That is true of today's selection, which is a comedic take on the genre. It comes from Brooks, who co-wrote and co-starred in the film. This features a couple great performances from Wilder and Little, who seem to be having a lot of fun together in this film. It's also a film that has a lot to say about culture, the genre, and even motion pictures. It is a fun romp with some iconic moments and one of my favorite films from Brooks. It's not a conventional Western, but if you're looking for a good time this will hit the spot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43