1994 Rewind: The Stand


Films released in 1994 will turn 30 this year. Over the next few months, I'll be looking at some of the memorable films from that year, including some of my favorites. Today, it's an adaptation of a classic Stephen King novel.

Mother Abagail: Oh, I'll do what you say, Lord — don't I always? But even your own Son prayed that the cup be taken from his lips, and I'm… prayin' the same thing. Heh heh. Probably… get about the same answer, too! [laughs]

The Stand
Starring
: Gary Sinise, Molly Ringwald, Rob Lowe, Ruby Dee, Ossie Davis, and Jamey Sheridan
Director: Mick Garris
About: This isn't a feature film, per se. You might consider it a cheat, but this, to me, is one of the memorable cinematic experiences from 30 years ago. It's a long form adaptation of one of King's longest and most expansive novels. It's about the end of the world, or rather a battle between Good and Evil. I remember watching it as it aired over four nights on television in 1994. It captured my imagination and my attention the way only the best of fiction can. So, for me, it had to make the list from 1994.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43