Favorite Westerns, No. 13


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Dr. King Schultz: How do you like the bounty hunting business?
Django: Kill white folks and they pay you for it? What's not to like?

Django Unchained (2012)
Starring
: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson
Director: Quentin Tarantino
About: No one makes films quite like Tarantino. That goes for this take on westerns. We've seen some of his films that play out like something of a revenge fantasy. In a lot of ways, that could be said of Django Unchained. But it's also a film with some excellent dialogue and some great performances. I love Waltz and Foxx in this, and DiCaprio's performance is nothing short of memorable. This film has some iconic and fun moments that I quite enjoy. It's not for everyone, and it's probably not your standard Western, but it's worth checking out, especially for those who enjoy a little wit with their action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43