Favorite Westerns, No. 16


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Don Jose: We all dream of being a child again, even the worst of us. Perhaps the worst most of all.

The Wild Bunch (1969)
Starring
: Ernest Borgnine, William Holden, Robert Ryan, and Edmond O'Brien
Director: Sam Peckinpah
About: This is a classic Western that has a very specific approach. This isn't one about building a story, though it does have a story and some interesting characters. This one is about the violence and scope. That's likely what people most remember, and as something of a thrill ride it does not disappoint. The closing sequence is memorable and well drawn. I enjoyed the way this was put together and the thrill ride it offers. If you like a good shoot out, this one's for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43