Favorite Westerns, No. 11

 


Do you like a good Western? It's a classic genre in film and this year I've decided to look at some of my favorite Westerns. So, join me each Friday as I count down my favorite Westerns from No. 50 to No. 1. 

Mattie Ross: You must pay for everything in this world, one way or another. There is nothing free except the grace of God.

True Grit (2010)
Starring
: Jeff Bridges, Hailee Steinfeld, Matt Damon, and Josh Brolin
Director: Joel and Ethan Coen
About: Yes, John Wayne made the character of Rooster Cogburn famous. His version of True Grit is considered a classic, and even inspired a sequel. And yet, the Coen brothers plied their talent to adapting the novel in a new version in 2010. Bridges steps into the role and is incredible. The original is on this list, but it's the Coen Brothers version that I have a great appreciation for. The writing is crisp and the performances are great from Bridges, Steinfeld, and Damon. It's an engaging and beautifully crafted film that pulls you in and takes you on a ride. It's one of my favorite Coen brothers films as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43