1994 Rewind: Forrest Gump


Films released in 1994 will turn 30 this year. Over the next few months, I'll be looking at some of the memorable films from that year, including some of my favorites. Today, it's a Best Picture winner.

Forrest Gump: You died on a Saturday morning. And I had you placed here under our tree. And I had that house of your father's bulldozed to the ground. Momma always said dyin' was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. Little Forrest, he's doing just fine. About to start school again soon. I make his breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. I make sure he combs his hair and brushes his teeth every day. Teaching him how to play ping-pong. He's really good. We fish a lot. And every night, we read a book. He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am. He, uh, wrote a letter, and he says I can't read it. I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you. Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away.

Forrest Gump
Starring
: Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, and Sally Field
Director: Robert Zemeckis
About: This won Best Picture in 1994. That's quite an accomplishment as it was a loaded field. It's a good movie that remains wildly popular today. It's cheesy at times, yes, and it probably doesn't hold up as the best film of the year, but it was a good film. It also features some great performances, particularly from Hanks and Wright. Their love story is a big part of what helps the film and its story to endure. I have always enjoyed the film, and still remember when I first saw it in theaters when I was in eighth grade. It's stuck with me ever since, and is one of the most memorable and iconic films from the year it was released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now Playing

Now Playing

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16