The Director's Series, Michael Bay No. 3




Throughout 2025 I'm turning my focus to Directors. They help craft the vision on screen that makes a movie work. This year I'm looking at five favorite films from 18 directors I admire and 10 films directed by different women that I have enjoyed. Join me Fridays and Saturdays throughout 2025 as we take this journey.

Pearl Harbor (2001)
Starring:
Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, Kate Beckinsale, and Tom Sizemore
Director: Michael Bay
About: Bay doesn't always get enough credit. He is a commercial director, and there are certainly things about his style that aren't great. But this is a movie that really showcases his range and talent. This is a classic war film that has some big spectacle and some really great performances. Is there a love triangle? Sure, but it's not like that didn't happen during the war. I really enjoy the style here and the way this film is told. It's a great watch. This is one of Bay's best and one of his most impressive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall TV Roundup, Week 16

Now Playing

2025 Broncos' Season, Week 13