1995 Rewind: Congo


It's hard to believe, but 1995 was 30 years ago. Over the next few weeks I'm going to be looking at some stand out films from 1995 that are turning 30 in 2025. Today, it's an adaptation of a Michael Crichton novel.

Congo
Starring
: Laura Linney, Tim Curry, Dylan Walsh, and Ernie Hudson
Director: Frank Marshall
About: I've long been a fan of the author Michael Crichton. He's crafted some great and engaging stories set to film, among them Jurassic Park and ER. This film followed two years after Jurassic Park and never had that kind of fanfare. But it's a fun and engaging film, with some good performances and a good story. It's also a faithful adaptation, more faithful than even some of his more popular stories. I love the cast here and the adventure. The real MVP is Hudson, whose delivery and lines always make me chuckle. This might not be top of the heap for many when thinking back on 1995, but I have always loved it, so it makes my rewind list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 23

2026 Broncos' Season, Week 5

1991 Rewind: City Slickers