AFC South Preview


 We're quickly approaching the 2025 NFL Season. As such, I'll be previewing each of the divisions over the next few weeks. We'll look at teams in order of finish, then I'll make a prediction for the new season.

Houston Texans
2024 Finish: 10-7
About:
The Texans again finished atop the AFC South in 2024. They survived a number of injuries to land at 10-7 and make the playoffs. The Texans won in the Wild Card Round before being stymied by the Chiefs in the Divisional Round. Can they go further in 2025? That's the challenge. The team added Jayden Higgins and Jaylin Noel in the draft at receiver and traded for Christian Kirk. They added Nick Chubb in the backfield, but Joe Mixon is already ailing. Injuries hurt the Texans in 2024 and they need better health in 2025.

Indianapolis Colts
2024 Finish: 8-9
About
: The Colts were second in the AFC South in 2024, but it wasn't a great season. Anthony Richardson struggled on the field, splitting time with Joe Flacco due to injury and inconsistency. That's the challenge in 2025. Can Richardson improve, or will it be newcomer Daniel Jones. The team also added a strong passing weapon in tight end Tyler Warren. The Colts have a good back in Jonathan Taylor and good passing weapons, including receivers Josh Downs and Michael Pittman, Jr. The question is whether they have a quarterback who can get them the ball.

Jacksonville Jaguars
2024 Finish: 4-13
About:
Not much went right for the Jaguars in 2024. Coach Doug Pederson was fired and the team is starting over. Now, Liam Coen is in and the Jaguars are hoping he can help get the team and Trevor Lawrence on track. The Jaguars have a pair of backs in the backfield with Travis Etienne and Tank Bigsby and a great receiver in Brian Thomas, Jr. They need a good showing from rookie receiver Travis Hunter and young tight end Brenton Strange, who steps in after the release of Evan Engram.,

Tennessee Titans
2024 Finish: 3-14
About
: The Titans were a disaster, finishing last in the NFL and earning the No. 1 overall pick. They used that pick on Cam Ward, their new franchise quarterback. They also worked to acquire him weapons, like veteran Tyler Lockett and rookies Chimere Dike and Elic Ayomanor, to go with Calvin Ridley and Tony Pollard. The Titans could be in position to take a step forward in 2025.

The Bottom Line: I think this is still the Texans' division. I like the Texans' roster and I think they win it again. But what about the rest? I expect the Jaguars to push for a playoff berth, rebounding with a decent roster and under Coen. I think the Titans will be better this year, too. They probably aren't a playoff contender yet, but I like their moves. The real Wild Card is the Colts, who have big talent and big questions. I think the Colts end up flaming out this season and have to take a hard look at the roster next off-season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 23

2026 Broncos' Season, Week 5

1991 Rewind: City Slickers