AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 40
Back in 1998, the American Film Institute unveiled its list of the 100 greatest films as voted on by members of the cinematic community. The year, I'm looking at the films on that list, re-ranked according to my preference. Check back Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year as we walk through this list of classic films.
Don Jose: We all dream of being a child again, even the worst of us. Perhaps the worst most of all.
The Wild Bunch (1969)
Original List Position: 80
Starring: William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, and Robert Ryan
Director: Sam Peckinpah
About: This is a good, old-fashioned Western. It's violent and focuses on the wild element of the West. It's been an action movie favorite over the years for that reason. It lands at No. 80 on the original list, staying relatively consistent at No. 79 on the revised list a decade later. I enjoy the action and the performances here. The story holds your attention and I like the way it's put together. This is a solid, classic Western.

Comments
Post a Comment