2026 NFL Preview: Playoff Predictions
Now that we’ve talked about all the teams and previewed the action, it’s time to talk about the post-season. To wrap up the preview series, with the regular season set to begin tomorrow, I’m offering my fearless post-season predictions. Be sure to bookmark this and check back in January to see how things turn out.
NFC Playoffs
No. 1: Los Angeles Rams
No. 2: Detroit Lions
No. 3: Dallas Cowboys
No. 4: New Orleans Saints
No. 5: Seattle Seahawks
No. 6: San Francisco 49ers
No. 7: Chicago Bears
About: Each year we get a team that goes from worst to first. This year, I’ve picked a couple teams I think will fit that bill. Both of them are here in the NFC. I also picked three teams that weren’t in the playoffs a year ago to win divisions, with four new division winners overall in the NFC. That might feel radical, but there are a lot of spots that were really close and could see a different outcome. I still think the NFC West is the best, with three teams again making the playoffs. This time I have the Rams edging the Seahawks to be the No. 1 overall seed. They join the Lions and Saints, two worst to first teams, and the Dallas Cowboys as division winners for me. I have the Bears making the playoffs in the last Wild Card spot, while the Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Carolina Panthers all miss the post-season after making it a year ago. In the case of the Packers, I’ve been down on them for this season. The Eagles I think will just miss out as the Cowboys win the division and the Bears and 49ers get the Wild Card slots.
In the Wild Card round, I have the Lions over the Bears, the Cowboys over the 49ers and the Seahawks over the Saints. That sets up a Divisional Round re-match with the Rams and Seahawks, and I have the Rams advancing. In the other matchup, I have the Dallas Cowboys slipping past the Detroit Lions. In the NFC Championship Game, I have the Rams beating the Cowboys to make it back to the Super Bowl in Los Angeles.
AFC Playoffs
No. 1: Buffalo Bills
No. 2: Denver Broncos
No. 3: Cincinnati Bengals
No. 4: Houston Texans
No. 5: New England Patriots
No. 6: Los Angeles Chargers
No. 7: Kansas City Chiefs
About: Last year, the Patriots topped the Bills in the AFC East. This year, I think the Bills return the favor. But both are strong playoff teams and contenders. I also think the Broncos repeat in the AFC West, albeit with a few less wins, while the Chiefs rebound to make the playoffs. I don’t see a Patrick Mahomes team falling short again. That means I’m not bullish on the Steelers or Ravens making it with new coaches, or the Jaguars having another strong season in 2026. I think all of them will be in the mix, but ultimately just out of the playoffs. I think, again, it will take at least 10 wins to get in for the AFC.
In the Wild Card Round, I have the Broncos over the Chiefs, while the Texans hold off the Patriots and the Chargers upset the Cincinnati Bengals. In the Divisional Round, I have the Bills beating the Chargers while the Broncos hold off the Houston Texans. In the AFC Championship Game, I think the Bills clip the Broncos, who fall just short of the Super Bowl for the second straight season.
In the Super Bowl, I think the Rams win the title in Los Angeles again, clipping the Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen in the big game.

Comments
Post a Comment