AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 29
Back in 1998, the American Film Institute unveiled its list of the 100 greatest films as voted on by members of the cinematic community. The year, I'm looking at the films on that list, re-ranked according to my preference. Check back Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year as we walk through this list of classic films.
Travis Bickle: You're only as healthy as you feel.
Taxi Driver (1976)
Original List Position: 47
Starring: Robert De Niro and Jodie Foster
Director: Martin Scorsese
About: Just a last week we talked about Scorsese in a classic film led by De Niro. This week, we are at it again with another iconic film. Ironically this one sits at 47 on the original list and slipped to 64 on the revised list. I actually have it a bit higher than Raging Bull. The performance is, again, spot on. It's a very difficult story and I can understand it's not as comfortable a watch. But I think that is, in part, what makes it a more iconic film. Either way, it's a classic that is a must watch for fans of Scorsese, De Niro, and film history.
Comments
Post a Comment