AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies: No. 25
Back in 1998, the American Film Institute unveiled its list of the 100 greatest films as voted on by members of the cinematic community. The year, I'm looking at the films on that list, re-ranked according to my preference. Check back Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year as we walk through this list of classic films.
Jules: If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Original List Position: 95
Starring: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, and Uma Thurman
Director: Quentin Tarantino
About: This is a fascinating film. It's probably the first real one that put Tarantino on the map. While Reservoir Dogs gets some credit, this elevated things to an Oscar level. The film was 95 on the original list and 94 10 years later. I like it significantly more than that. I'm probably more of a Tarantino fan than the typical AFI member, but I remember this film and the impact it had on the culture and my generation. That gives it a somewhat iconic place.

Comments
Post a Comment