40 Years of Movies

 


We're in 2021, which means it's the year that I turn 40. It's hard to believe. Sometimes I don't feel that old, sometimes it tracks for me. But either way, I started thinking about how I was going to celebrate and commemorate the year. A big part of that for me has always been films.

I love films and always have. Watching films has been a big part of my journey, and I thought it made sense to make it a part of this mile marker in my life, too. So over the next 41 weeks (including today) I'll be going through my favorite film from each year of my life, from 1981 through 2020. As always, my Top 10 for the current year (2021) will drop on New Year's Eve.

A few things about the list to come. Each week will feature my pick for my favorite film of the year. This is a personal favorite, a film I love and watch time and again. Some of them will be award contenders, but some of them will just be films that I love. Each week will also feature three runners up. Some years, as you might suspect, produce better lineups than others.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about these lists and I'm excited to start sharing them, beginning next week with 1981. I hope you'll enjoy the journey and will share your own favorites. We may not be able to go to the theater as we once could, but we can still enjoy the films we love and celebrate the medium.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43