Change for Change sake

When I pulled up ESPN on my lunch break I saw a headline that bummed me out "Scheffler traded to Lions." The article referenced Denver Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler, who was uncerimoniously dumped for a fifth round draft choice.

This isn't the first Bronco I like to get the boot thanks to Denver's new coach, Josh McDaniels. When he took over the team, Denver had a high-powered offense but little in the way of defense. Now more than a year later, McDaniels has ensured that the team has neither. Is it too early to bail out on the 2010 season?

In the span of less than 18-months on the job McDaniels has jettisoned the Broncos' franchise quarterback, best wide receiver and a number of other players that were part of the Mike Shanahan era. But he did get us Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn and he's brought his Texas-sized ego with him.

Time will tell whether he's done the right thing (as you might be able to guess I wager he hasn't). But one thing is certain, he's making changes and making his mark on the team. Good for him.

The question is, should we make change for change sake, or should we make smart changes to better our position. I believe we should be doing the latter, though it's hard to see how that's working in Denver....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43