Faith in Film

As those of you that read the newsletter know, this summer I will be leading a small group/discussion class at Highlands called "Faith in Film." I hope that it will be a chance for those in attendance to explore their faith in a new way by considering the ideas and world views presented in major films. It will be a 10-week journey that I hope will forever change the way Christians interact with major media.

The series will begin on Monday, June 7 and will run from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Highlands Church. I will also be posting materials and discussion on my blog each week leading up to and during the course. I hope that this will be a further outlet to continue these discussions as I've used this forum since I started it as a way to share some of my thoughts on media, world events, and my faith. I hope you will feel free to do the same.

To get you all excited about this unique series, I thought I would begin by posting the list of films we'll be going over during this 10-week discussion. If you're a film fan, I hope you'll consider checking this class out.

Week 1: "Scrubs: My Personal Jesus"
Week 2: "Superman Returns"
Week 3: "Jurassic Park"
Week 4: "Joshua"
Week 5: "The DaVinci Code"
Week 6: "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"
Week 7: "The Godfather"
Week 8: "V for Vendetta"
Week 9: "The Dark Knight"
Week 10: "No Country for Old Men"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43