Another era ends

Tonight is the final episode of "At The Movies." It airs locally at 6:30 p.m. on ABC. I'll admit it, I'm a little bummed.

The show hasn't been the same since Roger Ebert left, but it's still an entertaining show. I've been watching the last few weeks as the new hosts, A.O. Scott and Michael Philips, reviewed new releases and counted down some favorite memories. I don't know what to expect from tonight's show except more of the same.

Of course life won't change that much now that "At The Movies" is gone. There are still print reviews — which I write and also read in the "Ticket" and "Entertainment Weekly." But it feels like a sign of the times.

I'll miss tuning in and being upset at the reviews, confused as to how intelligent men could like something, or relieved to find out I wasn't the only one enthralled by "Step Up 3D." But I guess all good things must come to an end.

Life is about transitions. Nothing lasts forever, and when one thing goes, usually something new springs up in its place. Can't wait to see what that will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43