Showcasing passion

One of the parts I liked best in the Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It" is the interviews with the backup dancers that started the film. The passion they had for their craft and for getting to display their skills as part of the show really came through in their one-on-one interviews with the camera crew.

I felt the same way during parts of "Step Up 3D," a new fictionalized dancing movie that opened Friday. It was one of the most interesting uses of 3D technology, and the film was one of the most visually stunning I've ever seen. But I think what struck me most was how much the film was about the raw passion that drives these dancers.

I don't really know a lot about dancing, especially of the style and skill level showcased in the film. But I know about passion. When someone has a passion for something, it can be contagious. What I saw in this film was one of the best jobs anyone has ever done at showcasing passion in a fictional film.

There were a lot of elements of the story that were predictable and trite, but what resonates most is the passion. That's how I feel about my faith. I think that's how we all should feel about our faith, and if we did we would reach people more effectively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43