On the Road

It's easy to forget how big California is, especially when you live here. I was reminded of that today as I traveled with Graham to Lake Tahoe for the Fremont Men's Retreat.

We live in the middle of California. Lake Tahoe is northeast, on the California/Nevada border. It still took more than six hours of driving to get there. Thankfully we don't live further south...

During that time I saw the whole gamut of what our state has to offer, from large, urban cities, to dessert areas, to farm land, to the largest cattle ranch I've ever seen, and some of the most beautiful national parks our state has to offer. I couldn't help but be amazed by God's creation and the beauty that our state has to offer. Often I take for granted that I live in such a dynamic, beautiful place. Sometimes, it's nice to take a minute to appreciate all the "wondrous works" His hands have made.

Even if it means seven and a half hours in a car....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43