Stay the Course

Yesterday was a reminder to me that, just when you think things are going well, that's when something happens to change the course. It is always hard for me. I think patience is probably the biggest virtue I need to embrace in my own life.

Yesterday started on a high. I felt like I got a lot accomplished and had some productive meetings, then I went to run an errand. Things did not go according to plan and I began to feel frustrated and anxious.

But then I went to swim laps at the gym and it kind of hit me — I can't control everything, but I know the one who does.

Phillipians 4:6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God."

Sometimes, when we feel overwhelmed, that's the time when we need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and give it up to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43