The Greatest Gift

Today we talked about Grace, the Last Free Thing. It made me think of part of a talk I gave to our Highlands high schoolers. I thought I would share it here today as it goes along well with our topic.

But what really makes our God special is his love for us. He loves us even though we can do nothing to be worthy of that love. He loves us so much he sacrificed everything for us, even his own life. Think about that, the God of the universe sacrificed himself, enduring the humiliation and pain of the cross, for us. Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Think about the best present you ever got. It probably cost the person that gave it to you something, maybe even a lot, especially if it’s something big like a car. But no matter how great that gift is, it’s nothing compared to the gift and sacrifice Jesus gave all of us. All we have to do is embrace that gift and his love for us. That’s what the song “How He Loves” is all about.

When I was in high school, the band Third Day had a popular song called “Love Song,” which is sung from the point of view of Jesus. The final chorus goes like this, “Just to be with you, I've done everything; There's no price I did not pay no; Just to be with you, I gave everything; Yes, I gave my life away; Just to be with you.” That is our God. That is why it’s so important to put our faith in Jesus, because he is our hope and he loves us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43