Topsy Turvy world of the NFL

Last Sunday, I raced home after church (as is the usual routine during the fall) to prepare for my beloved Broncos' game against the Raiders. Turns out I could have taken my time... what I got wasn't a game, it was a 59-14 beat down.

Yesterday, as I left church, I was told Denver had a 10-3 lead. Fifteen minutes later when I got home, I flipped on the TV and saw that Denver trailed 24-10... not what I was expecting. Then again, I'm probably not alone.

If you would have told me the Cowboys would be 1-6, the Vikings would be 2-5, Randy Moss would have been traded, Denver would lose by 49 points at home to Raiders, and the Kansas City Chiefs would have one of the best records in the AFC at the end of eight weeks, I wouldn't have believe you. But all those things are true.

What continues to make the NFL the best of the major sports is the unpredictability of it all. The teams that should be the best going in are often not the ones that make it to the big game. This year just confirms that.

Not that it makes it any easier to see your team crushed week after week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43