A Look Back at 2010, the Music

So, it turns out it's really hard to remember what came out in 2010 and what came out in 2009, especially since stuff doesn't catch fire on the radio for a little while. When I first made a list of songs I listened to a lot this year it was different than the list that will appear below. That's when I discovered many of them were 2009 songs, so that seemed like cheating. Anyway, here's the songs released in 2010 I liked the most.

10. Compliments, Band of Horses
The new Band of Horses album, "Infinity Arms," isn't as good as some of their older stuff, but I like this single. It was apparently the 18th most played song in my iTunes. It has an interesting message and it's pretty listenable.

9. My Chick Bad, Ludacris Feat. Nicky Minaj
I think a lot of Ludacris songs are funny, and this was probably the funniest one of the bunch. His work on the track is alright, but it's Nicky Minaj that pushes it to another level. Not for everyone, but I liked it.

8. Magic, B.O.B. Feat. Rivers Cuomo
This song is pretty fun too. It's got a good beat and a unique blend of the talents of B.O.B. and Cuomo, the singer from the band Weezer.

7. Just a Dream, Nelly
I liked Nelly back in the day but haven't heard anything from him in a while. He came back in 2010 in a big way with this song, which is one of his best.

6. Not Afraid, Eminem
It was a big comeback year for Eminem. This song is a little raw at times, but it was a great way to say he's back. Not the best song on the album, but a good one.

5. Forget You, Cee Lo Green
This song is a cross between an old-school Motown sound and today's modern, profane music. It's a fun, catchy song. It was covered brilliantly on "Glee" and Green himself did an awesome parody for Stephen Colbert.

4. Grenade, Bruno Mars
Bruno Mars was everywhere this year and put out a number of songs that I liked, but this was the best. The beat combined with the soulful lyrics are memorable.

3. Love The Way You Lie, Eminem Feat. Rihanna
This was Eminem's best song. It doesn't hurt that the music video was incredible too. A lot of raw power and emotion in this song.

2. Airplanes, B.O.B. Feat. Hayley Williams
This was one of my favorite songs this year. The hook, offered by Williams of the band Paramore, is great. I like the rap section too. Easily the best off the B.O.B. album.

1. Waiting For The End, Linkin Park
This latest Linkin Park album, "A Thousand Suns," isn't their best, but this track is great. Easily the best track on the album, I would put it in my top 10 favorite from the band all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43